Lesson 1: Conversation Before the Final Round Interview
Before the final round interview, it's important to have certain conversations with the candidate to prepare them and gauge their interest. Here are the key points to cover:
- Find out where the candidate is in their interview process and if they have any other final on-site interviews scheduled.
- Ask about their favorite companies so far and where they would rank your client compared to others.
- Inquire about their plans for accepting an offer and when they are hoping to start.
- Ensure they have everything they need for the final round and provide any last feedback or assistance.
- Go over salary expectations again and make sure they align with the candidate's needs.
- Remind the candidate that you are on their side and will negotiate well if they interview well.
- Wish them luck and let them know you want to hear how it goes.
Throughout the process, it's important to maintain a pre-closing mindset, pump up the candidate, and show that you care about their career success. Openly discussing their interviews can help build trust. Remember, the goal is to create a positive experience for the candidate, regardless of whether they choose your company or not.